Marguerite’s Place is seeking an Early Childhood professional who is a Lead Teacher or Associate Teacher for our Toddler Program. This is a full-time, year-round position. Benefits include health insurance, vacation, holiday, sick and personal time; paid First Aid/CPR training, and annual ECE-related training.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- At least 18 years of age
- At least one year of work experience
- Ability to work effectively with an at-risk population
- Lead Teacher Requirements: College courses totaling 18 credits in child development, early childhood education or elementary education.
- Associate Teacher Requirements: minimum of 9 college credits in child development, early childhood, or elementary education
- Energetic, nurturing, and creative
- Team player who actively works cooperatively with childcare staff and office staff
- Interacts positively and professionally with families
- Respect for diversity and inclusion
- Flexible and adaptable
The overall responsibility of this role is to offer a program that meets the social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive needs of Toddlers. This individual will be responsible for preparing and maintaining a warm and safe environment that is clean, safe, and appealing, thus permitting the child to grow and to explore. maintaining a warm and safe environment
- Maintains a positive, safe environment
- Interacts with children, parents/guardians, staff, and volunteers in a positive and professional manner
- Provide a warm, nurturing, safe, and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence is encouraged, and individuality is respected.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of children, parents, and staff.
Specific Duties Include:
- Plan and implement a literacy rich curriculum
- Develop weekly lesson plans based on a curriculum outline, prepare necessary materials
- Assess children’s growth and development twice yearly (at minimum) using the Ages and Stages Assessment tool
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities
- Use appropriate and positive behavior management techniques
- Maintain required records and files
- Maintain required License Plus Credentials
- Participate in staff development activities; maintain required hours of training for certification.
Job Type: Full-time
relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: Candace Gordon, Director of Childcare, firstname.lastname@example.org
Occasionally we need substitute teachers or substitute residential aides.
If you have Early Childhood Education credits and would like to be considered for substitute teaching opportunities, please contact Candace at email@example.com
If you would like to be considered for the on-call substitute residential aide position (nights and weekends), please contact Lianne Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org